With 31 miles of gas mains, we strive to provide the safe and uninterrupted supply of natural gas to 1,920 meters.
Kevin Clark and Bob Cross, Superintendent
This notice is being provided in accordance with Rule 49 CFR 192.16 of the United States Department of Transportation (“DOT Rule”).
In accordance with the “DOT Rule” listed above, the gas utility is hereby giving notice to all customers who have buried natural gas piping, which is not maintained by the gas utility, of the following information.
- If the customer’s buried piping is not maintained, it may be subject to the potential hazards of corrosion and leakage.
- Buried Gas piping should be:
- Periodically inspected for leaks
- Periodically inspected for corrosion if the piping is metallic, and
- Repaired if any unsafe conditions are discovered.
- When excavating near buried gas piping, the piping should be located in advance and the excavation done by hand.
If you have any questions about this notice please contact the gas utility at (618) 643-2723